Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-09-2015 , 10:45 PM

Missing Tools on "Edit Mesh" dropdown list

Hello I'm new to the forum, I apologise for my grammar/spelling since english is not my first language. I'm looking for help with a little issue.

I just installed Maya 2015 and I was trying to find the "Insert Edge Loop Tool". Pretty simple I assumed, but when I opened the Edit Mesh dropdown list there seems to be far less tools than on my previous version of Maya. I do have the 'polygon' menu selected, and I even watched some tutorials but no one seems to have this issue. I attach a screenshot for you to see. How can I fix this?

Since I just installed it I considered that perhaps some settings are off, and it's only a matter of adjusting them to the default settings...

I hoped you could help me, thank you!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-09-2015 , 11:38 PM
SM Tea Boy
mesh tools -> multi cut tool, hold down ctrl and it will add an edge loop. Take a look at the modeling toolkit there are a lot of improvements to the modeling tools in 2015 / 2016.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 22-09-2015 , 11:43 PM
SM Tea Boy
thinking about it you may need to tick on modeling toolkit in the plugins menu, been a while since I used 2015.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 23-09-2015 , 12:44 AM
I just ticked on modeling toolkit and reopened Maya, but the Mesh Tools option is still missing on the toolbar, just as you can see on the screenshot I posted user added image The strange thing is when I open the Find Menu and type Insert Edge Loop Tool, the coordinates it gives me are where it actually should be: "Mesh Tools -► Insert Edge Loop Tool"

# 5 23-09-2015 , 12:47 AM
SM Tea Boy

# 6 23-09-2015 , 01:13 AM
It did help, thank you!! I thought I had looked in every thread, so I'm feeling a bit silly user added image
Thank you for helping solve my problem!

# 7 23-09-2015 , 01:27 AM
SM Tea Boy
No problem and welcome to SimplyMaya

David user added image