Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-06-2008 , 07:00 PM

No Pod Racing In Episodes 4-6

Just a random thought. Lucas planned the whole series out, but pod racers seemed to dissapear after episode one along with two-sided sabers. How come?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 23-06-2008 , 07:15 PM
The Maya Mountain
because he's full of BS. user added image

# 3 23-06-2008 , 07:27 PM
Senior Software Developer
To be a total geek on this user added image

The Pod Racers were not actually part of the original SW films, but due to Part 1 being quite slow tht only real excitement could be gained from the Pod Racing. I think it was a thought whist in pre-production.

The Double sided sabre is due to the sole fact that part of a Jedi/Sith training is to build you own lightsaber, design and everything else that is geeked into it is down to the Jedi/Sith. Darth Ma'ul chose to use a dbl sided saber and he is the onlt one who did as far as I am aware. Might be more in the SW books.

Oh yeah and Lucas can be full of c**p at times, he needs Speilberg to hold his hand :p

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 23-06-2008 , 07:39 PM
Yeah, that makes since because a lot of stuff is out of sinc. I never did like 1-3 much, except when that Darth Maul fight happened, even though he died so cheaply; and when yoda pwned Sideous.user added image But they started to suck again when Yoda lost to the old guy that likes to throw things... I'm guessing yoda was never married lol.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Last edited by AnthonyCg; 23-06-2008 at 07:43 PM.
# 5 23-06-2008 , 07:46 PM
Now that I think about it, Yoda and Anakin were the only jedi to beat siths without some cheap trick.

# 6 24-06-2008 , 02:59 PM

Re: No Pod Racing In Episodes 4-6

Originally posted by AnthonyCg
Just a random thought. Lucas planned the whole series out, but pod racers seemed to dissapear after episode one along with two-sided sabers. How come?

I reckon its becuase of the Empire...

Probaly enslaved all them non-human aliens to build the Death Star or some Star Destroyer somewhere...

And since we know that non-Force sensitive humans cannot do podracing as their reaction times are too slow, podracing therefore goes extinct...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 7 24-06-2008 , 05:07 PM
what i want to know is - what happened to all the building contractors working on the death star - i mean did they get blown up too? it doesn't seem right to me. and after the first death star, how did the empire find new building contractors? or did they just rely on cowboys? - it might explain why they were behind on schedule.

# 8 24-06-2008 , 08:06 PM

Originally posted by arran
what i want to know is - what happened to all the building contractors working on the death star - i mean did they get blown up too? it doesn't seem right to me. and after the first death star, how did the empire find new building contractors? or did they just rely on cowboys? - it might explain why they were behind on schedule.

Well I reckon it was an insurance scam myself, i mean it wouldnt have cost them anything to begin with as all the workers would have been enslaved... Just like the egyptions did. Labour costs are really high.

And what business would refuse a contract that worth that much (do it or die) and you get to meet Darth Vadar, how cool :p

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
# 9 25-06-2008 , 10:19 AM

Originally posted by R@nSiD
Well I reckon it was an insurance scam myself, i mean it wouldnt have cost them anything to begin with as all the workers would have been enslaved... Just like the egyptions did. Labour costs are really high.

And what business would refuse a contract that worth that much (do it or die) and you get to meet Darth Vadar, how cool :p

Well actually, the Egyptians didn't have that much slavery... most slaves came from conquered lands during the New Kingdom, and even then, slavery was not on a large scale, when compared to Rome.

OK, back to Star Wars:

I think that the Death Star, the first one, that is, was built over a prison colony. Can't remember its name, but its a rainforest planet. Anyways, after the Death Star could move around on its own, and could fire 1/4 power blasts with its Superlaser, Tarkin had the planet, with all them slaves on it, destroyed in three or four shots.

I dunno about the second Death Star, but foolishly not having shields on the thing really wasn't a good idea. Perhaps Vader could have given the Moff in charge more workers, might have continued the great and just reign of His Majesty, Emperor Palpatine... user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 10 29-06-2008 , 12:02 PM
Subscriber
I reckon it was abit of a shame that there were none in those eps, i actually quiet liked them honestly.

I wonder if later on in the future, someone would want to make a movie just bout pod racing(in a SW style of course) etc

# 11 29-06-2008 , 12:07 PM
Theres a full CG Version of Star Wars about to hit the big screen soon...

Star Wars Clone Wars

I presume this is based off of the series and goes into more detail about the clone war itself and not just the creation of Darth Vader, which was the whole point of Episodes 1 - 3.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter