Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-06-2003 , 07:59 PM

maya 5.0 .3ds import

Hey, Though I do not own a copy of maya 5.0, I was wondering if it had .3ds import included with it, because i did not see a plugin for it on the alias website. Is there a plugin for maya 5.0 to import 3ds files, and if so, where is it. Or is it just a built in feature.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 2 28-06-2003 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
it is no built in feature - you need a plugin for 3ds import.

there is a plugin on a|w site for 3ds import. right now not yet for maya 5.0 - but i am sure they are going to update that for 5.0.

also possible would be a plugin for max that exports maya - or a external converter that converts form 3ds to maya.

# 3 28-06-2003 , 02:41 PM
Hi. I just started learning maya so it may sound stupid. Why use 3d max and maya ? From what i saw maya is better then 3d max. Why not work only with maya ?

# 4 28-06-2003 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber
maya is not overall better than max - not in every aspect. both have advantages and disadvantages. and importing 3ds models does not mean that you created them yourself user added image

# 5 28-06-2003 , 08:33 PM
Good point. Ok, I was just wandering.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow