Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-04-2013 , 07:44 PM
EduSciVis-er

nHair doesn't render

I'm trying to render hair, and it doesn't show up at all when I render with mental ray. I've tried playing with the shading attributes in the hairSystem and I've made sure render fur/hair is checked on in the render settings. I don't have any paint effects attached to the hair, but I should be able to render hair without paint effects. I notice that there isn't any visual feedback in the viewport if I change the number of hairs per clump or anything like that. Should there be?

# 2 06-04-2013 , 07:59 PM
The thin red line
Have change the render setting to production, not sure if it does change in view port with small changes...............dave

# 3 06-04-2013 , 09:36 PM
EduSciVis-er
Thanks Dave, I did try changing the render settings to production, even production: rapid hair and there wasn't anything. I ended up adding a pfx to it. I don't really understand the intricacies of the system, but I ended up getting something to render, so I'll go with that for now.