Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-09-2012 , 07:41 PM

Help selecting corresponding edges or uv's

I am texturing a step pyramid. It is annoying me that I can build the pyramid in a few hours, but I spend days texturing it. I have recently figured out how to unfold correctly, and that has sped me up quite a bit. I was wondering, say I highlight the uv's along the bottom of the pyramid and use the align button to straighten out the edge. The next edge up is exactly the same length and has the same 20 uv's along it. Is their an easier way to unselect the edge that I was working on, and move my selection up to the next edge without zooming in to select the 20 uv's individually. Somethimes I can double click the first and last edge on that line, and change selection to uv's, but that doesn't always work. Many of my edges are so close together that I have to zoom in to have the space between the edges to select anything. I have spent about a month on this one model, and I plan to make 5 more "ruins" models. I don't want to finish this one project sometime next year. Thank you for any help.

# 2 05-09-2012 , 08:13 PM
The thin red line
What you can do is select the edge on the model at one end then hold down the shift key and double click on the end edge, then convert to UVs............dave

# 3 05-09-2012 , 10:05 PM
EduSciVis-er