Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-02-2020 , 10:30 PM

shelf button for edit pivot

I use the edit pivot function a lot (the one that's found in the move/rotate/scale options window). It's a lot like the slide edge function but the edit pivot lets you select the specific component to line up to and it brings back your gismo. It's a pain to always have to bring up the options window every single time, so I'm looking to make a shelf button for it. Playing with the mel script that fires off, I can make a button that sets the pivot a specific direction, but I haven't been able to find a way that puts me into the component selection mode that pressing the edit pivot button does. Any ideas?

# 2 04-04-2020 , 04:20 AM
Lifetime Member
1 First make sure you are on the shelf that you want to copy to. 2 copy the script below to your shelf by opening the script editor at the bottom right of your scene (if it's not empty click edit/clear all ) then paste in the script. Now go to the file tab and click save script to shelf, give it a name and choose Mel. Hopefully this is what you wanted.

ctxEditMode;
manipMoveValues Move;
toolPropertyShow;
dR_updateToolSettings;
manipMoveValues Move;
toolPropertyShow;
dR_updateToolSettings;
manipMoveValues Move;
toolPropertyShow;
dR_updateToolSettings;

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner