Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-08-2005 , 07:56 PM

render car

is there a good tut on how to render a car.

# 2 16-08-2005 , 12:18 AM
I don't know of any tutorials, but I can give you a quick and dirty that usually yields nice results with some tweeking. First off, create a poly plane and scale/position it above the car so that it is about the same size as the car. Assign it a new lambert and set the Color and Ambient Color to full white. Now create a light (any type of light will do) and turn its intensity to 0. Select mental ray as your renderer and in the Render Globals under the mental ray tab change the Quality Presets to Preview Final Gather. Now render one out and you should have a fairly nice looking test shot. To tweek the settings, play with the FG Rays and Min/Max radius settings in the Final Gather tab. Hope this helps.

# 3 16-08-2005 , 12:24 PM

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com
# 4 16-08-2005 , 03:58 PM
thanx a lot for your information.i found a good tut but there is some thing i dont understand.
here is the tut:
https://www.carbodydesign.com/goto.php?id=27
-i dont know how to create a simpleinfo node
-and when i create 3 ramp texture, i dont see their
2d_placement nodes.

for now i dont understand these two things but... i will surely come back to ask some other question.

user added image

# 5 16-08-2005 , 04:23 PM
about the samplerinfo node - you can create these in the hypershade window. You know how in the hypershade window it shows the general nodes (lambert, phong etc)? if you close that panel up or alternatively just scroll down, you will find a section labelled "general utilities". In that section is the sampler info node -> just middle mouse drag it into the hypershade window and setup the connections (connection editor if you're new to this).

If you haven't got the 2d placement node, you can actually just add the 2D placement node by going into the same "general utilities" section of the hypershade and drag it out. Then u just need to use the connection editor again to hook up the uvfiltersize and uvcoord of the placement node with the same attributes of the ramp. (or if you feel like just redoing your ramp, just delete the ramp and then just click on the ramp button in the hypershade window and it will generate the placement node automatically).

# 6 16-08-2005 , 05:50 PM
thanx a lot for all

# 7 16-08-2005 , 06:18 PM
another problem.in the connection editor,
i click on facing ratio in the left column but i dont see uv coord in the right column.

Last edited by mc-fleury; 16-08-2005 at 07:19 PM.
# 8 16-08-2005 , 10:42 PM
Could you please post a picture of what you see in the connection editor? If you haven't expanded the section labelled "uvcoord" then you won't be able to connect the items. But that doesn't sound like your problem since you said you can't even see it all.

You could try clicking on the ramp and reload the right column and see if it shows up.

# 9 17-08-2005 , 08:30 PM
its ok i didnt click the good material