Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-03-2009 , 02:56 AM
Jr.Who

Rotate screwing up

Hey guys,

Got a quick problem… I'm trying to rotate an object, and instead of regularly rotating it, it's rotating it and skewing it at the same time.

Have no idea how this happened and I've never seen it before, but it's annoying me. lol

-Steven Palmesano
user added image

# 2 06-03-2009 , 03:14 AM
Subscriber
Alright I had this problem before but I'm not completely sure I remember how I fixed it, I believe it's under the camera attribute editor and it was something like the focal length being set to some odd number, it should be at 35

if thats not it sorry, I will try to remember what else it could have been.

# 3 06-03-2009 , 03:52 AM
Jr.Who
No, it has to do with objects, not the camera. And it's only a couple of them which is odd.

# 4 06-03-2009 , 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
You may have some objects double grouped.

- Genny
# 5 06-03-2009 , 05:38 AM
The Nurb Herd
or change your rotate tool to world space or object space or whatever... you can break the rotate tool with about 3 rotates but i cant remember how user added image

# 6 07-03-2009 , 01:16 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by GecT
You may have some objects double grouped.

Thanks, it was that… haven't used Maya for a while so I couldn't figure it out. lol