Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 151 10-05-2009 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
Dame I really got to get a move on only got 1/5 of my texturing done and you look alost fin

thats looking super sweeeet dude.

# 152 10-05-2009 , 10:10 PM
Thanks Tweety!

I'm not really that close to finishing though, got quite a bit planned for this yet, and haven't even started the Uv's of the pods, or an environment, but will be getting on the case this week. Good luck with your op though, hope it goes well!

# 153 14-05-2009 , 12:42 AM
Haven't done too much more to the main shell of the ship but have been doing some detail work on the launch bays (probably won't even see it in the final image but can't help myself!)
Loads more to do, going to start the pods tomorrow, and then get some more done to the main parts of the ship!

Then the environment, set the scene and away we go!

Link to Close Up!

Attached Thumbnails
# 154 14-05-2009 , 03:53 AM
Subscriber
You really are something! Seems every update is better and better! The time and effort you have put forth in this really shows. Very nice work!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 155 15-05-2009 , 01:09 AM
Thanks Tom, I'm trying!
But it's all worthwhile as I'm learning so much from doing this, and enjoying every mouse click!
I've just finished doing the Uv's for the pods which is the end of the Uv mapping so I'm happy about that, I can get those textured and get back to the main ship and environment now.

# 156 15-05-2009 , 02:12 PM
Have started on the texturing of the pods, not sure how much detailing to do as they will be very small, but as usual I'll probably just keep going til they're fully done!

Attached Thumbnails
# 157 15-05-2009 , 02:17 PM
And one of them docked, as you can see, very small in comparison, but detail is there to be put in so will probably do as much as possible to the little fellas!

Attached Thumbnails
# 158 15-05-2009 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber

# 159 15-05-2009 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
i'm pretty sure it took him a whole month to do it too user added image

nice work Dango, looking forward to your final composition

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 160 17-05-2009 , 12:34 PM
Thanks Taquion and Chirone,

Chirone is right, it did take a month of modeling, not every single day but not that far off either, lol.
Texturing has been about a week and a half so far, not done any for a few days as I've been working out the environment side of it and generally taking a break from the Pc, will get back on it tomorrow!

# 161 18-05-2009 , 08:53 PM
Been working on the environment/scene side of it, I'm not going to reveal just yet what exactly I've been doing, but I will say it's involved a bit more modeling and texturing on something else (not the "something else" I wrote that I might do in my first post on this thread, that was going to be an even bigger base ship the Mother Grubbers dock with, will do that after the challenge has finished) but hopefully it'll work out nicely and I'll get it all done in time.
Will post any other work I do on the Mother Grubber and Pods as and when it gets done though....

# 162 18-05-2009 , 09:54 PM
Thought I'd post a hint at what will be added to the scene, this little guy will be one thing that will make an appearance, it's already textured (just finished it) but will save that for the final composition.

Attached Thumbnails
# 163 21-05-2009 , 09:18 PM
been doing some research and studying the past few days as I had to learn how to render layers (pc wasn't having it even with the command line)
Here's an Occlusion render of some of my scene so far, still got quite a bit more planned but this gives the general idea...

Attached Thumbnails
# 164 21-05-2009 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
i don't think i've ever seen a straight occlusion render... always ambient occlusion renders

looks interesting

the scene looks like it's getting busy now XD

hope you're experimenting with different camera angles

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 165 21-05-2009 , 09:51 PM
Chirone:
I've tried out a few different angles but I'm quite happy with this one, I've actually done a fair bit more than what I've posted, but want to save the finer details til final entry time.

I've also done specular, diffuse and Colour passes and spent a bit of time comping them, the specular one looks cool, my girlfriend was saying I should get it put on a t-shirt, will probably do that!
I've also have been doing some other layers but that's a secret for now... :p