Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-06-2014 , 08:04 AM

Help me make particles stick on surface of object

Hi everyone,

I'm making a scene that have sauce pour on a crab (on a dish). I was able to make the sauce look good, but the sauce wouldn't stick on the surface, it just slide away (like water on oil paper). I need to make the particle stick the where they collide with the surface.

I know there are a few way that help, like increase the friction. But increasing the friction would make the sauce too thick, right now they are smooth just the way i want, also if I increase the friction I would need more particles to make it look realistic, and my machine can't handle that.

I search around and saw the same question:
https://www.digitaltutors.com/forum/s...ded-to-surface

The solution showed that i need to do some script writing, and i only know a few of scripting, like really really basic stuff.

Does anyone can help me? like all the way? what to do and where to put this and that...

I would really need some help right now.

Thank you for your concern.

PS: I ask this question all the way from Vietnam so you know how desperate i am user added image