Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-11-2006 , 10:51 AM

Glassimal the Elephant

Hey everyone,
- I'm working on this with plans to have it featured on the frontpage of my new site. I want it to be something small, but to look great because it'll set the tone for the rest of the page. So please rip it up with suggestions or tell me if it's on the right track, thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

www.ahearnart.com
aim: kaltnue303

JOIN THE 3D USERS MYSPACE GROUP:
https://groups.myspace.com/3DNERDS
# 2 26-11-2006 , 12:45 AM
is it rendered in Mental Ray? i love it, alot of character even if it is just glass, lol user added image

i like it, but maybe you could ramp up the quality of the caustics a bit user added image

also, it looks like the model is floating

cheersuser added image
Andyuser added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 26-11-2006 , 10:09 PM
Looks great! But, as Joopson said, it looks like it is floating a bit. The elephant itself looks awesome, though.

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 4 26-11-2006 , 10:42 PM
thanks guy. yah i used mental ray causitcs and FG, with a hdri dome for reflections. I'm going to make the floor slightly refelective to fix the floating problem, probably change the shadows a bit too.

www.ahearnart.com
aim: kaltnue303

JOIN THE 3D USERS MYSPACE GROUP:
https://groups.myspace.com/3DNERDS
# 5 04-12-2006 , 06:46 AM
Maybe make the glass shader less transparent so it looks more frosted. Avoid the completely shiny/new look. Cool stuff.