Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 61 06-03-2006 , 09:41 PM
Subscriber
Closer view of the top thingy.

Hopefully another update tomorrow evening.

Night Night everyone user added image

Attached Thumbnails

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 62 06-03-2006 , 09:51 PM
Nice!!

# 63 06-03-2006 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
crap mateuser added image how did you make the geosphere, one piece?? must be, you'd have torn your haie out placing all the triangles.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 64 07-03-2006 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber
Very very nice work Tim Great detail.

# 65 07-03-2006 , 09:09 AM
Subscriber
getting complex!!

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 66 07-03-2006 , 09:55 AM
Subscriber
Hi Tim, looking nice and complicated!

Do you have a link to your showreel, I'd love to see it. I love the stuff you've done so far, with the galleon too, that looked great. Just a thought I have though. Are you sending your reel to film companies (you mentioned sending it to Framestore)? I've started modelling here at work, and from my experience I know that it is very important to have clean meshes, especially when you are passing your models onto TD's and texture artists. Its just that in this current model and your galleon, I noticed quite a lot of n-sided polys, which aren't good. If your going to clean it up though, ignore my rambling.

Good job otherwise though, I don't think I've seen anybody tackle this bad boy before!! Just looking at the reference pics make me quiver!

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 67 07-03-2006 , 10:03 AM
Subscriber
I have this download link where you can get the zip but I have yet to have a streaming version.

I have applied to Framestore, I will also try Moving Picture Company (one of the guys who I was at Escape with has been Lead Modeller there for 8 months :headbang: )

I can see what you mean with some bad poly's, I do intend to have a brows when I have finished and see if I can clean things up. This model might never see another pc again so it will only be me struggling to texture it, with that said it's always good to get into good habits for when I do get a proper job.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 68 07-03-2006 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
lovely Reel tim maybe more models are needed though. The galleon looks awesome in the animation really really good stuff!

# 69 07-03-2006 , 10:50 AM
Subscriber
That's what I was thinking, hence this new model. I might include it on the existing one or just do a mini real with it. Not sure yet.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 70 07-03-2006 , 11:20 AM
Subscriber
how long does it take to render something like that?

# 71 07-03-2006 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber
What do you mean?

How long does it take to render it out from Maya or using the finished frames from Adobe Premiere?

Maya can take ages, it did with the Victory (and probably with with the Star Destroyer) but Premiere take about 30 mins so that's not so bad.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 72 07-03-2006 , 11:40 AM
Subscriber
tim, are you renering .iff's in premier? I've been using after affects and was wondering it it was poss in premier?
how you feeling with the star ship..? OK?

# 73 07-03-2006 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber
I take my tif frames rendered out from Maya and put them into Preimere and then render that out to a movie.

I only use Preimere cos I find it easy and I don't have that much altering to do to the frames after they come out of Maya.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 74 07-03-2006 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber
more sense than rendering the movie in after affects but I guess it depends what is needed. eh?

I didn't realise that premier batch rendered frames, that's started a whole new world for me. i have been using after effects to batch render jpegs ect.

Interesing, and combined with photoshop.., uuummm??

thanks.

stay cool with your model, remember, ninja thinking and empty mind! you'll be a samuri soon (but that means you'll need a boss, all samuri have a boss, eh? or they are ronin. maybe the job thing will happen for you, good luck)

# 75 07-03-2006 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber
All I do in Premiere is just import the numbered stills and then slot them into place and make a movie.

Job done.

Optical Minefield
My Blog