Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-08-2015 , 12:15 AM

Use background shader in Renderman/RIS

Hey,

I have an object I want to be rendered in Renderman/RIS. But I want to keep its shadows but not the plane under it that catches the shadows.

When I use Maya's default use background shader it just shows it as a diffuse shader in RIS.

I've also tried rendering with a shadowpass, but I tried and maybe I did something wrong but it didn't work. So does anyone know how to render a shadow but not the plane that catches the shadow?

Is there like a use background shader in RIS? I know Reyes has one but I couldn't find it in RIS.

Thanks in advance.

# 2 01-08-2015 , 02:58 AM
EduSciVis-er
# 3 02-08-2015 , 11:30 PM
Holdout seems to work only in Reyes, not in RIS. I don't know how to get it to work in RIS.