Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 13-05-2006 , 04:35 PM

vector render outline ?

How can i make sure it only uses the outline of the mesh? Cause when i set it it also sometimes renders some edges when they are not quads inside the mesh like.. and how to put the lines more anti aliased ? user added image

# 2 13-05-2006 , 04:47 PM
the need to soften the normals(edit polygons>normals>Soften/Harden) set it to 180....

in render globals>vector renderer... go to edge options..
change edge weight to desired width... change edge style to outlines... uncheck any check boxes....

should work

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 13-05-2006 , 04:58 PM
:headbang: hmm it still does not seem to really work user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 13-05-2006 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
hmm i like it though user added image

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 5 13-05-2006 , 05:44 PM
oh, i thought you meant outline............... idk

www.joopson.com
# 6 13-05-2006 , 05:46 PM
Ok it somewhat works better with soften normals set to 50.. only the edges are still a bit pixely.. If anybody knows how to get rid of that please let me know :bow:

Attached Images
# 7 13-05-2006 , 05:59 PM
is this a result you were looking for?

Attached Thumbnails

www.joopson.com
# 8 13-05-2006 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
read this

Some Guy- Heres a bit more in depth explanation of the wire frame render. Keep in mind, this is just how I do it. There may be many other ways to go about it. This is just what I've come up with and stuck with for now:

First render the model how you want it using MR or Maya Software renderer. Save that image (I usually use TARGA). Now either don't move the camera or better yet bookmark the view (view>bookmarks).

Next I select what edges I want to have show in the render (or just select the whole object) and harden the normals.

In the attribute editor set the camera environment to white.

Open up render globals and select the vector renderer and make sure 'fill objects' is unchecked and 'include edges' is checked. Here you can also set the edge weight and color.

Render and save (Here I usually use TIFF).

In photoshop open both images and paste the wire frame over the other render and set the layer type to MULTIPLY. Now you can set transparency to taste!

There are so many variations you can achieve so above all experiment like a mad scientist and have fun!

Let me know any new tricks you discover!

Dave:

only render the first 1 with the colours and do the wire bit an this means u can select the edeges or the whole thing and comp on thop

hope this helps

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 9 14-05-2006 , 02:59 PM
Ok that is usefull.. but i think i just goe with the normals as then i don't have to put 2 layers on it.. as i want to export to flash...

I think the aa on the edges can't be solved user added image as they are paths that are on half a pixel :headbang: