Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-02-2003 , 02:19 PM
Subscriber

Mental Ray

Hi ppl, i need your help on this one: using Mental Ray, i tryed to add a Mental Ray (parti_volume) node to a shader at the Volume Shader and Phot Volume Shader fields! But (as you can see at the picture) after i add the node, my fields still empti user added image
THX for ur help:bgreen:

# 2 04-02-2003 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
newbie eh... not with mental ray I assume user added image

Well this is beyond my knowledge, sorry!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 3 04-02-2003 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
lol - I´m newbie allright, and with Mental Ray too! That´s why i´m asking your help, but THX anyway!! user added image

# 4 05-02-2003 , 02:55 AM
Subscriber
Ok, i know what's the problem! Maya is not loading the Mental Ray shaders and nodes! This is what i read at mental Ray's help files:
"mental ray for Maya supports many mental ray custom shaders. mental ray for Maya supports Maya-type shaders, textures and lights, as well as importing arbitrary libraries of mental ray custom shaders. These custom shaders can be assembled into shading networks using Maya's Hypershade and assigned to Maya objects. Integrated rendering with custom shading networks is therefore fully supported.

Important
This is an advanced user feature. It is available in Hypershade only if you set the following environment variable to a value of 1.

MAYA_MRFM_SHOW_CUSTOM_SHADERS"

...the problem is...
i don´t know how to do that user added image

jesus loves you!
# 5 05-02-2003 , 02:58 AM
The Maya Mountain
I don't have 4.5 or Mental Ray to tell you, but if it's like other plugins, perhaps you need to activate it in the Plugin Manager? Windows > Settings/Preferences > Plugin Manager.

Just a guess. :p

# 6 05-02-2003 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
No, that's not the problem! The problem is that Maya don't load the Mental Ray's shaders and nodes by default, and i don't know how to solve this problem! But THX anyway for your advice! user added image

jesus loves you!