Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-10-2002 , 10:39 AM

Plugins Plugins Plugins !!!

I am subcribed to 3Dworld, and excellent magazine all about 3D and stuff. I recently red that Discreet has put a new version of max on the market, 3DS Max 5.

The most annoying this about these program's is that when a new version comes out 99% of all the plugins you have do not work ! So in the time i was working with max and upgraded to a newer version you had to waith for x months to have an update on your plugin.

So the people at discreet thought about is i guess and what they did is that the plugin used fr version 4 is also compatible with version 5 (99.9% of all the plugins should work fine !)

So then I wonder why A|W doesn't do the samething with Maya !

When you have a new version the plugins I use do not work ! and to wait for an updat is very very annoying !

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 2 01-10-2002 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
yeah max 5 has been out for quite a while now
most of my plugins work with maya 4 when they were designed for 2.5

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 3 01-10-2002 , 05:44 PM
Kevin
Its a strange thing but I have NO plugins at all...except the 3dimport that I have now deleted as I just tend to build my own..

So my question is... what ones do you guys reconmend to make life easier ?

# 4 01-10-2002 , 05:48 PM
Subscriber

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com