Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-03-2014 , 08:14 PM

How to put many texture in one scene? Its all change to the one texture

Hello guys

I am new to maya but i know how to texture a little object and using the UV texture but what i don't understand is why when i import a texture object into another scene which have a already texture object in it . The import object's texture change it texture to be the same as the one already in the scene

do i have to use different texture like use one with phong and the other with lambert or something or do i need to make each of object use different shader which i don't know how to do it

It would be really great if someone explain or show me how to fix the problem or show me a video . thank you.

# 2 07-03-2014 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
Are your always using the Lambertt1 shaders ?
I think it was a mistake I used to make when starting out and sound like what you r doing.
If so create a new shader and attach the texture to that instead, and also get in to the habit of naming your shaders as its a good helpful habit to have.

# 3 07-03-2014 , 08:55 PM
Super Moderator
In every scene there are a couple default shaders, "lambert1" is one of them. Whenever you create a piece of geometry, Maya assigns lambert1 to it (if there is no shader, the object cannot be software rendered), this is why Maya does this automatically. You can create as many different shaders as you like, some objects can have unique shaders, or they can share shaders, whatever. The quick way is to right click the object(or a selection of objects) in 3D space and click "Assign new material" and choose a shader type. Better yet, you can get familiar with Hypershade(Window>Rendering Editors>Hypershade), which is a shading specific editor.

- Genny
# 4 08-03-2014 , 04:34 AM
Your advice work perfectly. I got a phong in the hypershade and name it then i click the object and press assign existed material then when i import the object the texture stay the same and didn't change to be the same as the one in the scene

now i can continue working thank you so much guys user added image