Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-04-2014 , 12:16 AM

Rotations appearing out of the blue on bind joints and IK joints, but not on FK joint

I have been experiencing an issue where, All three joint chains are created equally(duplicated after having created the other two just by duplicate 2x). I notice that after constraints are added, or somewhere down the road, that I'm getting rotational values.

I've taken special care that it doesn't occur even when following along with videos, but somehow, rotations appear. I'm not sure what is going on other than I have a gremlin in my machine.

It's just weird that they would continue to occur, EVEN AFTER following along with a video...no changes were made...

Any ideas how to avoid this? I've checked the MO of all the constraints to be sure that it doesn't pop in other circumstances, but still...it happens...

Thanks!

user added image

# 2 26-04-2014 , 04:00 AM
Technical Director
It could be thousands of things. We need more information.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.