SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Materials & Textures / Is there a way to make jpg/tiff files out of Maya shaders?

Maya Materials & Textures Shaders, Textures & UV Layout

Join the conversation. Reply to post

30-07-2004, 03:59 AM   #1
LordPhobos

Is there a way to make jpg/tiff files out of Maya shaders?
I made a model that a friend of mine online ended up texturing. When he did it, he used lots of procedural Maya shaders, as well as using some layered shaders that had jpgs in them. The model looks beautiful in Maya and renders wonderfully.

I would like to export the model to some format like OBJ so that I can share it with those less fortunate people who don't use Maya. Is there any way to get Maya to make JPG/TIFF files from the textures that have been created? I guess kind of like how baking textures works in that you freeze the textures, except in this case I don't want to bake the shadow information, I just want the Hypershade textures to be made into regular image files.

Sounds like an odd question, but it's one that I hope is possible yet haven't been able to find out on my own. Thanks in advance!
30-07-2004, 04:03 AM   #2
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

Hmm,

well, there is a Convert to File texture option in the hypershade. That might work.
30-07-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
Alan

yup mike's right. Bake it out as a file and then map it back on.

Alan

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB