Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-11-2002 , 08:56 PM
Subscriber

extrude face not working

hi,

usually when i extrude a face i get a handle to move and scale the extruded face. but i somehow dont see that any more. did i mess up some setting? how do i get it back.

please help

# 2 28-11-2002 , 01:47 AM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure you have the Show Manipulator tool selected.

# 3 28-11-2002 , 10:05 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
Make sure you have the Show Manipulator tool selected.

oh ok thanks, that worked user added image

# 4 28-11-2002 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by BabyDuck
oh ok thanks, that worked user added image

actually it does not. it did when i tried it out, but now if i have the show manipulator or not, it wont show, even when i switch to move, and then back to show manipulator. and in settings/preferrences i could not find any. the help only suggests what to do if you loose the manipulator, but not if the manipulator decides not to come when summoned user added image

# 5 28-11-2002 , 04:16 PM
Subscriber
ok problem halfway solved. i tracked it down to a hardware default of the graphics card. it crashed the whole mainboard and not only in windows user added image

so i am going to change the graphics card - and til then i need to use my notebook that not even has 3d acceleration and only 256 mb ram user added image