Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-06-2004 , 04:41 AM

trying to model a bridge sketched by feng zhu

I love feng sketches so I figure why not model them. I just start working on this model. I need some advice, specially for the textures. I don't know what to use for the walkway on the bridge, should I use bump map or disp map to make the circles or should I model it.

c & c please

user added image
user added image
user added image

later

# 2 07-06-2004 , 04:47 AM
Subscriber
i would say model the detail on the walkway, its to large for a bump map to look good, displacement map would work..but you would need a much more dense geometery, i like the beginning, i dont know if nurbs is the way to go with that bridge though

# 3 07-06-2004 , 07:05 AM
Subscriber
I say model the detail as well - the details are what make the bridge so appealing. Nurbs is a more difficult way to model in some ways but the results can be more beautiful.

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 4 07-06-2004 , 11:38 AM
Subscriber
oh is that true ? ..hmm ..didn't know that...

but hey Cyrrix..nice start...looks promising..
If modelled the detail..I would like it cause...it will giv'you the feeling of a kinda historic/fantasie bridge and not some simple bridge scene...
In your first image I get the feeling of that....imagen how it would be if you had a nice render of that user added image
hope to see some more updates!

GreetTzz RanSIck

Last edited by ransick; 07-06-2004 at 11:43 AM.
# 5 07-06-2004 , 11:46 AM
I would give the displacement option some more consideration. There's no point modelling what you can displace. If you're using MR then the denseness of the geometry isn't such an issue. And if you are using nurbs and you find you need more geometry to do the detail the you can just up the tesselation.

I really like the sketch though Fen's stuff is very cool.
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB