Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-11-2002 , 04:13 PM

Out Of My Environment [Map] :)

Okaly dokaly,

Another fine fine question brought to you by MovieWerx Studios. user added image In my current scene, I have a window and I'm trying to light the room with an outside light. So far, I have used a directional light aimed at the window. Seems to be working alright. The problem I'm having is in getting something... ANYTHING outside the window. All I see when I render is black outside. Do I use an environment map to add a picture to a plane outside the window or... well... what do I use? And can you please explain the technique I use 'cos I'm totally in the dark here. user added image Thanks for your help waaaaaay in advance! user added image BTW, here's a current render of said scene. user added image

- Russell
The King Of Pain user added image

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 05-11-2002 , 04:19 PM
Hmm, Is the window itself a cube or something? Or is it just a hole in the wall?

# 3 05-11-2002 , 04:54 PM
It's a hole left from doing a projection on the wall of a square. I did have a frame around the window but when I found that my first try at lighting from the outside and doing an image plane outside the window wasn't going to work, I filled in the hole (DO OVER!!! user added image). Now, I think I want to try it all again, even though the more I add to my scene, the longer it'll take to render. I'm stubborn like that. user added image

- Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com