Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-07-2006 , 11:43 PM

greyhound

im doing a dog similar to the dog tutorial except im doint a greyhound, i need a top and frount view of one, still but i think i my be able to ask my neibors down the street becuase that take care of old race greyhounds, so i could proboly get some nice pics, this is what i have so-faruser added image user added image

# 2 07-07-2006 , 03:56 AM
major update:

user added image

time to view the third part in the dog tutorial

# 3 07-07-2006 , 04:25 PM
Subscriber
Having owned a greyhound and being a greyhound lover (we plan to adopt two when we move), I like the fact that you're doing one! :-)

I don't know if you've gotten there yet, but a greyhound's nose actually sticks out considerably and is streamlined to match the rest of the head (as opposed to most dog noses which are flush with their faces). Do keep that in mind as you progress with this! :-)

Otherwise, looking very nice!!! I suppose you can duplicate it seven more times and stage a race right there on your computer!

Regards!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 4 09-07-2006 , 06:09 AM
think it about time i updated this, still havent got the skeleton working but il pretty much done shaping him, well it.. i have given it a clearly defined gender yet, but ill get to that later..

edit: oh yeah ooppps the pictures i forgot lol

user added image

Last edited by Furry Fury; 09-07-2006 at 06:14 AM.
# 5 11-07-2006 , 02:58 AM
ive got the skelton mostly working, expet some parts dont work like they should for example the mouthuser added image
isnt working quite right, anyone know hot to fix this?

# 6 11-07-2006 , 03:24 AM
Best thing to do is get in the habit of modeling things with the mouth open, and get in the habit of doing it, same way for human characters you model, leave the mouth at least slighly open and the fingers on the hands spread out . . . it will save you a lot of greif.

At the point you are at though, you could do one of two things, paint weights . . . find a tutorial for that somewhere on the web, or, un-skin, re-model it with the mouth open, re-skin. Unskinning is done near the same menu you skin it with.

I have also found adding extra joints and manipulating them can save you a lot of time once you get a "feel" for how they are binding to and effecting the skin.

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche