Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-12-2002 , 06:35 PM
Subscriber

Modeling tekniques..

I'm wondering... Should I try to learn all the modeling methods like.. semi-good, or should I focus on just one metod?(NURBS/POLYS/SUBDIV).

I'm an old MAX-er and because I ran it on a rather outdated PC, the only way was modeling polys. NURBS on MAX-R3 on a Celeron 400 was a headace.

I've found that poly-modelling is much the same in MAYA as it was in MAX, so therefore it was natural for me to start out there, But now the computer hardware is no longer an issue. Got a 1.2GHz AMD and 1280MB of ram and a GF4-4600.

The few things I've tried out regarding NURBS and SubD has been confusing, and heally hard to get use to, so I wonder if it's worth the trouble, or if I should just keep on using polys.

# 2 18-12-2002 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
my advice, learn poly modelling as best you can before moving onto anything else. polys are the only surface type which all programs support, and all game engines support

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com