Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 17-11-2008 , 04:42 AM
Subscriber
hows it coming along??

this would be a lot of work for you from conception to the tut being in a deliverable state. does the actual recording of the tut get in the way much.

mirek user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 32 17-11-2008 , 05:13 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Mirek

Im almost finished, should be on the site either the weekend or early next week.

There is a balance really in the whole process. there are things that you just dont record because of time issues and also thinking about the viewer,you dont want them to get bored so its done in stints, such as doing uvs, the same goes for the model and the textures.

You could record the whole lot but there'd be a hell of repeated content in the 3 main areas. So I try and emphasise important parts and what to do, and keep it as simple as I can. Behind the scenes theres a lot more work going on.

I try to lay it out in modules, and plan in my head what i need to achieve in the episode and go from there. Having 14 years experience certainly helps so you get into it straight off the bat, but there are times when you may have to redo a whole episode from scratch because of external noises like the bin men or if its late at night some idiot crawling back from the pub shouting, or phones etc...Ive even burped during a recording session, so thats the nature of the beast. LOL I kept it incase Dave wants to use it as an out take for the site....

Anyway offto bed its near 1am

Jay

# 33 17-11-2008 , 05:41 AM
Subscriber
sleep well.., i know that feeling, just did a 3am on a movie (sound) last night and th e night before.

thanks for that insight mate. i thought there would be a lot to it but it hadn't occurred one of them.., though its obvious when you mention it.., that you sort of story board it in your head..,

cheers user added image

# 34 21-11-2008 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
ahh with the textures, did you do 'em with PS?

Originally posted by Jay
Ive even burped during a recording session

Hahaha good one! :p

# 35 22-11-2008 , 04:12 AM
Subscriber
got to go with that marlonjohn.

# 36 22-11-2008 , 07:18 AM
LOL yeah, I had some real good ones this week lol, but not for the faint hearted LOL.

Marlon John: All will be revealed in due course sir.

Jay

# 37 22-11-2008 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
Jay: *buuurrurrrurrrururrrrppp* oh f*** not again...

:p

when its released you will find that he has marvously made all the textures in MSPaint :attn:

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 38 22-11-2008 , 08:27 AM
LMFAO!!!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp!! oops sorry mate....:p

Damn Ive been rumbled with the texture process, MSPaint is amazing for such work, remeber its about the artist and not his tools LOL!

Jay

# 39 23-11-2008 , 12:50 PM
Subscriber
haha!

alright will do ... cant wait! :bandit: