Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-10-2009 , 10:52 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Question about modeling

So I am in the process of modeling a Dragon at the moment and am almost done with the basic shape of the head, body, tail, legs, and feet.

Was wondering if this would also be the stage i would get the basic Nurb shape down of his teeth, wings, spikes, and any other little detail on him, or should I wait until im in the final stages of my SubD modeling to go back in and give him these things?

# 2 17-10-2009 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber
no you wait

best to block out the entire model before going into details, that way you can make sure all the proprtions are right and changes to that is easier than when there are lots of details
that and i don't thgink you can get much detail from NURBS

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 18-10-2009 , 10:35 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Ok awesome thanks, stopped working on him for a few days due to the debate i was having on if I should add the wings and all that crap now or later, now I can get back to work on him.