Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-07-2003 , 01:16 AM
Subscriber

Shrek 2

I cant wait! but I guess I will have touser added image

------------------------------------------

Release Date: June 18th, 2004
Distributor: DreamWorks Pictures
Production Company: Pacific Data Images (Shrek, Antz; they're also working on Tusker and Madagascar)

Cast: (voices) Mike Myers (Shrek), Eddie Murphy (Donkey), Cameron Diaz (Princess Fiona), Julie Andrews (Fiona's Mother, the Queen), John Cleese (Fiona's Father, the King); other cast not announced yet.

Based Upon: This is the sequel to the $250+ million hit film (possibly the #1 film of 2001), Shrek, itself based upon the children's book by William Steig.

Filming: CGI animation production is expected to start in the fall of 2001. Much of the work with CGI features is the design of the characters, so the turnaround time for this sequel (and any future sequels) is much shorter (Shrek took nearly five years to complete), since the programs for the lead characters are already mostly complete.

------------------------------------------

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-07-2003 , 01:25 AM
Can`t wait to see it. Shrek is the best computeranimated movie I`ve ever seen. Not technically, but as a whole. :bgreen:
I have not seen 'finding nemo' yet, but the other Pixar films haven`t convinced me. It`s more for kids. But I`ve heard it`s not the same with nemo.

Last edited by Tenshi; 02-07-2003 at 01:28 AM.
# 3 02-07-2003 , 06:26 AM
Shrek is just plain freaking cool! I love how its great for everyone, with out being a stupid SpongBob movie that no normal adults would watch. hehe. user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 4 03-07-2003 , 03:35 AM
Subscriber
I loved all the slams against Disney. I wonder who they will target in the next one.

I just saw T3 today. I was very happy with it, I wasnt expecting too much and really enjoyed the heck out of it. It had just enough story, some humor and the TX-chick is easy on the eyes!

# 5 04-07-2003 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Tenshi
Can`t wait to see it. Shrek is the best computeranimated movie I`ve ever seen. Not technically, but as a whole. :bgreen:
I have not seen 'finding nemo' yet, but the other Pixar films haven`t convinced me. It`s more for kids. But I`ve heard it`s not the same with nemo.

"for kids" is not defined by age. i love monsters inc. for me it is even a lot better than final fantasy. ff was supposed to be for adults - but i still cant find the story behind the massive use of computer effects.

if you ask me shrek is more designed for kids than monsters inc. that does not mean i dont like them both, it is just different telling style. in shrek you dont need a very long attention span (which makes it easy to access for kids) and that is also good for adults, as you can "switch off your brain" and just enjoy the jokes. and are those not the moments when adults can still act and feel like kids - even when they think they are not "supposed" to do it.

# 6 04-07-2003 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber
Man, monsters inc is my favourite movie.. i have watched it 18 times now. Whats good about pixars films is that they cater to every age! If you can let your mind go and just act like a kid, your boud to love these films. They also include so many hillarious scenes that any kid or adult just has to find funny! They are smart including elements that a child would just take for serious, but an adult would understand as a joke... you know, hide it from the kids.. i love it. If you set your mind to judge a film, your most likely not going to enjoy it. Anyways yea, basically... Monsters Inc is an amazing movie, and shrek is as well.. i own both and have watched both a large number of times!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 04-07-2003 at 05:20 AM.
# 7 04-07-2003 , 02:06 PM
I agree, Shrek is one of the best cg movies ever.

I saw Finding Nemo some days ago and I loved it. The fishes were created with so much detail and the underwater world was amazing.

You have to see it! user added image

I have heard something about Shrek 4D, what's that?

Man cenuva métim' andúnë?
Inyë?

-=NiPeR=-
# 8 06-07-2003 , 08:27 AM
Oh , I will.

When I say Monsters Inc is more for kids I refer to the humor. Of course, an adult can laugh about it, but Shrek has kind of black humor and some sexist allusions. Monsters Inc seems to be more suitable for kids as Shrek is, but that doesn`t mean it`s a bad thing.
It`s just not my kind of humor, that`s all.
He, many adults are reading Harry Pothead, although the main target group are children. But that isn`t something bad, is it?

Just an example:
In our video stores, you`ll only find Monsters Inc in the children section, not Shrek. I asked the shop girl for the reason and she said that most of the people loaning out Shrek are adults.

I`ve seen all Pixar films except Nemo and my personal favorites are' A bugs life' and 'Monsters Inc'.
But I like 'Antz' more than 'A bugs life'(but less than Monsters Inc. user added image ) and 'Shrek' more than 'Monsters inc.'.. I`m neither a PDI/Dreamworks nor a PIXAR fanatic. If I like a film, it`s not important for me who made it.

My top 5:
1. Shrek
2. Shrek
3. Shrek
4... no just kidding

1. Shrek
2. Ice Age(he, something complete different)
3. Monsters Inc.
4. Antz
5. A bugs life

'The Incredibles' look promising to me. The short was cool.

Cheers
user added image

Last edited by Tenshi; 06-07-2003 at 08:41 AM.
# 9 12-07-2003 , 11:12 PM
Ahhh good ole shrek.........makes me proud to be festively plumpuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 10 14-07-2003 , 04:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NiPeR
[B]The fishes were QUOTE]

LOL. Fish is plural for FISH. not fishes. Its like, moose.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 11 14-07-2003 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
Ice age was nice as well.

grrrr
# 12 14-07-2003 , 10:15 AM
Kevin
made the front page as for me personally - I cannot wait for this film!! loved the first! great CG, very funny, and a kewl story user added image

bring it on!

# 13 14-07-2003 , 04:49 PM
Yea buddy......I wanna see it so bad.....I dont want to pay 7.50 to see it though.......Ill wait for the dvd to come out so i can rent it and burn it....I mean.....uhhhhhh......Buy a legal copy of it....user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 14 14-07-2003 , 11:30 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by NiPeR

I have heard something about Shrek 4D, what's that?

Sherek 4D is the new attraction of Universal Studios in LA.

I've seen it, it is very cool. The King, who died on first sherk, come back as gost and caputures Fionna.... You gotta wach it

Rodrigo Soares
www.r3dimensional.com
# 15 15-07-2003 , 08:53 AM
yeah shrek 4d is very cool, i've done it and you get a par of 3d glasses and you see a kind of shrek short (completely different) and: your chair is moving, you get water in your face, you feel air.
All kind of stuff, very cool.