Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-03-2011 , 07:47 PM
SM Tea Boy

Free Friday Tutorial #8: Maya Batch Rendering Tutorial

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 21-03-2011 , 01:42 AM
EduSciVis-er
Thanks David. I actually recorded something very similar to this a few days ago, but it was a bit sloppy, so I didn't upload it, and now there's no point as this is obviously much better.

For those wondering about the assembly of image files and don't have After Effects, Premier, or any other money-costing video editing program, you can try VirtualDub, which is free and it does handle .iff files. Just open the program, then go File > Open video file > click on the first in the sequence and make sure that "Automatically load linked segments" is checked on. Then simply export as an .avi or whatever you like.

# 3 21-03-2011 , 01:47 AM
SM Tea Boy
Thanks mate, funny thing is I use VirtualDub myself was going to add it as a addendum at the end of this tutorial, just never got round to mentioning it.

Cheers for that.
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 21-03-2011 , 01:59 AM
# 5 24-03-2011 , 11:58 AM
Banned

Also linked here in the Maya FAQs: https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?p=316406

Mate I was trying to check that thread but the link is not working for me...
I guess the link is completely broken...So kindly check it yourself and then repost the link which will work properly....

# 6 25-03-2011 , 04:39 AM
EduSciVis-er
Hmm... seems to work for me... anyone else have a problem? The FAQ is a sticky in the Newbie Forum, so you can always head there.

# 7 25-03-2011 , 12:48 PM
Administrator
The link works just fine, maybe your internet was simply having a bit of a timeout Johnson36.

On a side note, thank you very much for starting a new FAQ stwert user added image