Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-07-2013 , 11:19 PM
Lifetime Member

Image Plane Issue

Hi all, I'm trying to load image planes in Maya 2012 but I'm having a bit of trouble.

I open a new scene in Maya and do not move around in any cameras. Then I go to the front view menu and select View>Image Plane>Load Image... I select my front image (1798pix H x 1950pix W) and it imports into the view.

Then I go to the side view menu and select View>Image Plane>Load Image... I select my side image (1798pix H x 751pix W) and it imports into the view.

But.... they do not match up yet they are both the same height (in pixels)!

What am I missing? This doesn't usually happen.user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-07-2013 , 08:04 AM
Lifetime Member
Hmmmm dont know about image planes I create a plane then add a material...do it the old way...I do know though when I do that there is an option to keep aspect ratio or turn it off, I turn it off and it works fine.

Cheers Bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 15-07-2013 , 08:27 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeah, I had to use the planes with a material assigned as a work-around but I was hoping that there was a logical reason for why it was doing what it was.

I find image planes are faster to add to the scene so I prefer to use them when I can.

# 4 16-07-2013 , 09:35 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
I think I had this issue once, and to fix it I adjusted the camera settings. I will mess around with it tomorrow, I wont be home till late tonight.