Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-08-2013 , 03:10 AM
Lifetime Member

Surfing with the Alien - Video Lag

Hi, I'm working my way through the surfing with the alien volume two tutorials. I've reached part 11 and have discovered a video lag that gets worse the further into the video I go. I only noticed it about half way through the tut but it has now gotten to the point where it's eleven seconds out (for example: the tutor says 'so lets rearrange the graph' and the video shows this happening eleven seconds later when he's gone onto a different part.)

If this could be looked into and fixed I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, the Yeti.

# 2 12-08-2013 , 12:22 AM
Lifetime Member
Could you let me know when this has been fixed so that I can download it again. It's too hard following along at the moment.

Thanks, the Yeti.

# 3 23-08-2013 , 05:18 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi again, The same problem has occurred in the Ferrari tutorial part 3. At around 17:45 a phone rings in the background and then the audio repeats itself and is sixteen seconds behind the video. I'd appreciate if this could be adjusted to line up.

Thanks, the Yeti.

# 4 24-08-2013 , 12:51 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Check your player and codecs are up to date

# 5 24-08-2013 , 03:13 PM
Technical Director
Hey Jay. I just checked part_11_fin.mp4 and SP350.part3_bumper.avi, and they are out of sync by a few seconds. I looked at them in Quicktime, VLC, and mplayer.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 24-08-2013 , 03:15 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
hi John

okay mate, thats interesting. thats one for Dave to pick up. It may just need a re conversion to the smaller size and re uploaded. I will give him a shout...many thanks

Jay

# 7 02-09-2013 , 05:36 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi both, Thanks for looking into this problem for me. This problem also occurs in the Ferrari tutorial part 16. It's only about 5 minutes in and already the audio is about 20 seconds behind the video.

Cheers, the Yeti.