Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-12-2003 , 08:43 PM

HELP....HOw do you install the Bonus tools from Alias?

For the life of me I cannot get these things loaded correctly. I even have the instructions but I am doing something wrong!!!

I am using Windows XP Pro.

Any help would be wonderful!!!

Thank you!!!!

-SuperDave71user added image

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 2 17-12-2003 , 10:38 PM
Subscriber
Installation Notes
Note for those who have used Bonus Game with 4.0 or 4.5. The file structure has changed so that the Bonus
Tools are no longer directly in the user’s scripts and plug-ins directories. Some of these files have changed and
you will not see the improvements if they are still in the scripts and plug-ins directories. They should be removed.
Irix, Linux and Windows:

1. Extract the appropriate bonusTools51 archive to the user's maya home directory:
Sample Irix/Linux path:

/u/user_name/maya/5.0
Note for Irix/Linux users that the unzip command should be used with the following flags:

unzip -u -a
Sample Windows path:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\My Documents\maya\5.0
The appropriate subdirectories should be maintained and the files within them.
2. Using a text editor, edit the bonusTools5.0 file from within the user's maya/5.0/modules directory. The bonusTools5.0 file has a sample line for each operating system and has this basic format:

+ bonusTools5.0 5.0 "absolute path to bonusTools5.0 directory"
Uncomment the line that starts with + by removing the //. Replace the user_name from that line with the login name of the user. Save the file.
3. Go on to Step 1 of For All Platforms.

Macintosh:
1. Extract the package from the disk image.
2. Double click the package and the files will be copied to /Users/Shared/AliasWavefront/maya/5.0

3. Go on to Step 1 of For All Platforms.

For All Platforms:

1. If you have a userSetup.mel file in your scripts path, open it in a text editor and append the lines from the userSetup.mel supplied with the Bonus Tools.
2. Restart Maya and set any of the Bonus Tools plug-ins that you wish to use to auto load.

Note that the contents of the BonusTools menu will vary according to which main menu set (Animation, Modeling, Dynamics, Rendering, Cloth) is active. You may change this behaviour with the Bonus Tools->Toggle Menu Style command.
3. Enjoy. You may refer to the bonusTools51.html file (located in the docs directory where the Bonus Tools are located) for an overview of the tools.
Note for those who have used Bonus Game with 4.0 or 4.5. The file structure has changed so that the Bonus Tools are no longer directly in the user’s scripts and plug-ins directories. Some of these files have changed and you will not see the improvements if they are still in the scripts and plug-ins directories. They should be removed.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 3 17-12-2003 , 10:45 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

My first child will be named 3D JOE!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

GOOD grief....

I owe ya !!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

-SuperDave71 user added image

# 4 17-12-2003 , 10:50 PM
Subscriber

My first child will be named 3D JOE!!!!

LOL
no problem glad to help.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 5 17-12-2003 , 10:51 PM

THanks again

Kind of sad when you have the directions and you STILL CAN'T FOLLOW them....

HAHHH...

I do thank you and I will benefit from these tools alot

-Your Friend,

SuperDave71user added image