Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-03-2015 , 10:20 PM

Making a cinematic intro for a studio/media production company

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help me.

I have this great opportunity to have a job in a nice animation/media production company, they like me, but they want me to do a task for them first like a test, and if they liked it, they will give me the job.

I am not going to lie, I am not experienced and I already told them that too, I have only one month to go to finish the 3d design/animation course that I am taking, but I know that I learn very quickly and I am doing a pretty good job in modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, animating in the current graduation project.

The task they have given me is that they are working on a cinema movie and they want me to make a cinematic intro in 3D for the company, I have a basic idea, but as usual I started looking for tutorials or articles about doing this in the softwares that I use, but so far did not find anything that is good enough.

I am open for any and all advice I could get, and it will be hugely appreciated, this is a very important step and opportunity for me that I really need.

The softwares that I use efficiently so far are:
Maya, Mud Box, and After Effects, I render in Mental Ray, and will start learning how to use Arnold.

Does anyone have any advice, or resources, or tutorials, or anything at all that could help me?

I really appreciate your patience for reading all this, but I really do want to do this.. I need to.

Thanks,
Mishkawy

"Hopeful"