Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-01-2013 , 02:56 AM

Where's Info on Bullet-DMM-Substance?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place on the forum, I wasn't sure where it would go. So I wish to know how to use Maya 2013's Bullet physics, DMM, and the Substance Materials. I need more information on how to use those, since they are nowhere to be found in a book I purchased about Maya 2013. As for Bullet, for now anyway, I want to know how to create a ragdoll in Maya using Bullet, and have it animated flying through shattering glass. I might need to know more than just ragdolls to get up to speed with Maya 2013 though. Please direct me to somewhere I could see Bullet Physics documentation. For DMM, where do I start? What does DMM stand for? I thought it was something like Digital Molecular Matter. Where can I get DMM documentation? And as for Substance, the Hypershade in Maya shows two Substance nodes. One is "Substance", and another is "Substance Output". What is the difference in the two Substance nodes in the Hypershade, and how are they used differently?

Thanks for your time and help.
- Tammy

# 2 09-01-2013 , 08:05 AM
The thin red line

# 3 11-01-2013 , 01:51 AM
Yes, I do have the Maya Bullet Physics Documentation. It doesn't seem to help me much. I still haven't figured out how to use Bullet, and DMM. Where else can I look, or could someone else help please? I already tried YouTube, among many other sites.

# 4 11-01-2013 , 02:18 AM
Substance is on youtube. You will want to click on a substance node in the hypershade and then the substance materials are in the maya program files root under a folder named substances. If you look on creative crash there is a plugin shelf you can download to enable the substances as a mia material network to render in mental ray.

Last edited by Chavfister; 13-01-2013 at 01:06 AM.
# 5 12-01-2013 , 05:44 AM