Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-04-2005 , 01:29 AM

My Stunt Video

Hey guys! I posted this over at SL and wanted to see what you guys thought also. I was going through my documents when I found this video I did a couple months ago. It is my first "real" video project and it went well. It is basically me and a friend doing a bunch of stunts lol. No I do not take gymnastics, I just kind of naturally did something like this one day when some girls were watching and I have been doing it ever since. hehe. This video actually very outdated already as we are about to update this video with car stunts, MUCH better tricks( I do flips off of houses and whatnot ), some jetski tricks, etc. Keep in mind that this video has not been tampered with in anyway, all stunts were really done and a couple of them left rather large bruises lol. Anyways please watch this video and tell me what you think after you watch it. I have named it Inverted Reality as I am upside down throughout most of the movie. The server which I am using to host my files doesn't allow WMV files so I put it into a zip folder for accessable download.

https://myfilestash.com/userfiles/colto/IRfortheWeb.zip

------thatdudeyoulove-------
# 2 08-04-2005 , 02:08 AM
Subscriber
cool stuff, nice talent ya got there. Have any paticuler way for a person to learn to do that ?
PS. all thoughs foam cubes looked like a hell of a lot of fun.

# 3 08-04-2005 , 02:11 AM

# 4 08-04-2005 , 02:13 AM
O yeah I forgot to say that I am the taller guy that is always wearing a dark blue sweatshirt or a black tshirt in the movie.

# 5 09-04-2005 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
Nice video, plenty of footage there.

Looks a lot like a video I have seen (and loved) of a martial arts video some time ago, and I believe used even the same music (headstrong). Obviously it was more martial arts based and had some very experienced guys doing it but had some of those tricks in there. I take it you were inspired from this video?

Good work either way man.

# 6 10-04-2005 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
Video makes me want to try it.....but my neck is screaming nOoOooOo.

Cool stuff....wish I could do flips off walls like that.

# 7 10-04-2005 , 02:32 AM
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool................ user added image

# 8 10-04-2005 , 05:05 AM

me

Thanks for the comments guys! I actually used to do martial arts (I am a 4th degree brown belt) but I don't think I have seen that video you are talking about. I showed my video to some hot girls today and they now want me to try and teach them some stuff! user added image That will be fun. Hehe, I am now becoming known at school as "That crazy kid that flips off the lockers"! lol

I am adding some new tricks into my bag of tricks. I just learned how to do a gainer 540 ( a gainer is when you do a backflip while moving forward and the 540 implies that I rotate 540 degrees while I am doing my gainer). I also did a double frontflip on the trampoline yesterday but overshot it and landed abs first on the railing, flippedoff and landed on my head! I wish I had gotten it on camera! I thought I had broken my spine at first because it popped about 40 times in under a second! But after sitting out for 10 minutes I was back doing flips again although my abs hurt. My friend from the video and I were filming our action movie today and two kids walked by as we were doing our fight scene. Now get this, all these two kids know is that they see these to kids fighting on playground equipment, and just when I am about to get tackled I jump onto the railing of it and do a frontflip 360 off of the top. Hehe those kids still probably think that it was some schoolyard fight from The Matrix. Anyways we are about to start expanding our video with better tricks. So far I have these things to do:
1. A frontflip off of the top a car going at least 15 MPH
2. A double frontflip off of something high.
3. A frontflip OVER a car going at least 15 MPH(take one step on the hood and flip the rest. I might have to do a front handspring though so I don't bust my head on the roof.)
Anyone got any other ideas? Please tell me ANY ideas you have no matter how crazy there are as I am one of the few people who might be crazy enough to do it!

# 9 10-04-2005 , 06:31 AM
Subscriber
well, ya def have a pation for it. Just be safe and happy air time !!

# 10 21-04-2005 , 11:13 PM
what did you use to edit?

# 11 22-04-2005 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber
awesome video! i wish i could do them backflips when i was at that age... did you use priemer to edit?

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)
# 12 22-04-2005 , 04:31 PM
Subscriber
i like the part where you jump off the wall the most near the end

# 13 08-05-2005 , 10:36 PM
Hey,

Thats amazing stuff!!!
I have a friend who can do SOME of stuff u can do
I would try if I would not end up being carried into the hospital in more than 3 peices!
awesome stuff!

# 14 09-05-2005 , 05:03 AM
Subscriber
wow seriously dude u are da shizzle :-D
Great stuff.....hope you do everything safely.
Do you want to go into doing stunts professionally?
it'd be cool if we see a movie in the future with you in it and be like "HEY!! I kind of KNOW THAT GUY somewhat on the internet!!"
lol
good luck with that new stuff, be safe.
BTW good choice of songs :tup: Headstrong brought back high school memories for me user added image

# 15 09-05-2005 , 10:40 AM
In my case we did learnt that at school, one exam was doing front and back mortal jumps (without any aiding mechanisms or wall helps) so if you wanted to pass gymnastics...

A pal broke its leg on two different points after not listening to the profesor saying "the class is over, dont jump anymore and pick the mats..." he had 6 months of recovery and never quite managed to run like before, i was scared enough to never do mortal jumps again since passing that exam...

Dont try your luck more than whats absolutely necessary...

OR you could contact psykotyk and do that in flames... user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 09-05-2005 at 10:47 AM.