Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 20-07-2005 , 07:56 PM

2 questions

i have 2 question about maya

1.) how do i move this image with out distoring the image in front view EXample: https://img345.imageshack.us/img345/9...agemove6yz.jpg (use to be wider befor i tryed moving the Front view face to the middle

2.)how can i make the grid bigger in Pro View

Thanks

# 2 20-07-2005 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
hi, to make your image the right size in maya, open the jpeg in paint and goto image/atributes make a note of the width and hight, then in maya make a plane and make the grid width and height the same, then you can scale it down using the scale manipulator tool. for your next question im not sure what you mean, either you wana view one port on your screen (press spacebar on the desired viewport) or yo want to scale your image down more so that the grid is bigger

# 3 20-07-2005 , 10:58 PM
thats not what i said, what i said was, i am looking for a way to move the image in the front view with out messing up the Images size

and for the secound question i was wounding how i can make the grid expand instead of defualt size

Last edited by fabolous; 20-07-2005 at 11:01 PM.
# 4 20-07-2005 , 11:03 PM
Subscriber
oh sorry i miss read, erm, u wana move the image or the object? to move the object just select and move, to move the image goto the hypershade, then select the material with the texture, then right click and graph network, goto the place 2d/3d texture node and change the 'translate frame' numbers

# 5 20-07-2005 , 11:13 PM
lol still not what i am look in for user added image

here ill lay it out
i am trying to follow this move that takes you step by step on how to make a complete model. and well he's not telling me how to move this image the way he does it. he hits all the hotkeys with out telling you in this part.

heres a pic of what his looks like and mine. mine is all mest up resized and everything. he's stayes the same with no resize

https://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8872/see4fr.jpg

EDITED
as you can see in the video, i side of the face on the image is gone when he moved it to the side more. with no image resizing from maya.

Last edited by fabolous; 20-07-2005 at 11:37 PM.
# 6 20-07-2005 , 11:44 PM
okay , not sure but i am guessing since the versions of Maya are differnt, the image thing is differnt user added image, so now my biggest question is. where can i find Maya 5 at? personal learning, or unlimited user added image what ever floats u boat

# 7 20-07-2005 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
The image plane is part of the camera attributes.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 8 20-07-2005 , 11:59 PM
well the video comes with predone files for that part of that clip. and it is messt up. so i figure, that i need to downgrade to Maya 5 . that way i can be on level with this video