Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-05-2006 , 06:00 AM

texture mapping advice anyone?

i am writing on bahalf of a feverish squirrel who has been up all nighht trying to figure something out...if anyone can help PLEASE let us know some stuff we can try to sort this? It'd be really appreciated.
I am new to the forum so sorry if my ettiquette is all wrong. hi

matt (the squirrel) is trying to apply a moving image texture to a surface and it has an alpha channel.
it works - the movie plays and the alpha channel can be seen in maya

but when it renders out it just renders the object with the image on as a black shape with no alpha at all.....

what can he do to just apply the image he wants and render it with alpha channel?

Thanks in advance for any tips

signing off.
nightingale.

# 2 02-06-2006 , 04:58 AM
it could be your choice of file formats. For me, mental ray won't render .gif images with an assosciated transparency layer. If your footage pictures contain both the alpha layer and the color layer, try seperating the two layers and setting them to the color and transparency nodes independently.

Other than that, I have no real idea....

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 3 04-06-2006 , 06:28 PM
I don't really understand what you want to say but let me try to sum it up:
You have an image sequence with a color and alpha channel and those two channels both work as they should in the maya window.
But when you render it, it just displays the box with a black color on it? or is it the alpha channels of the rendered image that's black?
Well but sometimes an image is better than thousand words, so how about providing us one?