Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-05-2007 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber

creepy corridor

i wanted to go for a creepy type scene and use mental ray, let me know what you think and what i can add to it!

Attached Thumbnails

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 2 21-05-2007 , 01:34 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
looks very good, it's got a certain realness to it:bow:

# 3 21-05-2007 , 03:16 AM
Subscriber
NIce.
whats that at the end of the hallway?
Its attracting attention and its too flat ; so u may wanna make it darker.

Last edited by njon; 26-05-2007 at 02:37 AM.
# 4 21-05-2007 , 03:31 AM
Beautiful! Looks like a scene from the game F.E.A.R

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 5 21-05-2007 , 06:21 AM
good start but i think you can spice up things a bit, for example turn off like two lights on the celing and also change the intensities so its not consistent. The hallway seems kinda tight but i huess it adds to the overall creepyness. Lastly the tiles on the ground are too large.

# 6 21-05-2007 , 12:20 PM
Hey man, looking like a nice little scene, other than what younglion said I would dirty up the walls and the floor a bit, maybe some broken glass and stuff on the floor as it looks like theres been a bit of violence going on ther what with the blood on the walls

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 21-05-2007 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber
cool, cheers guys. much apreciated.
ill have a fiddle with and post the finished artical when i get time to do it!

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 8 30-05-2007 , 04:25 AM
Subscriber
great job looks pretty wicked ...

only crit atm is that the light lamp are abit to low to the ground i think if you place a human there?

# 9 30-05-2007 , 03:19 PM
this scene looks allready pretty good. you might considder using bumpmaps on the floor and wall. also I would change the checker texture to something old (maybe some 70ies pale greenish or brownish pattern) but that´s a matter of taste. what about atmosphere? maybe add a partivolume and get some little stuff into air like insects or just dirt which scatters light. the overall look is too clean yet I think. also I´d give some light to the completely dark spots in the front.

and personally spoken a strong and crisp contrast within lighting gives me the creeps.

good work!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 10 30-05-2007 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
you're right, that is a creepy corridor.

It kind of makes me feel like if I stare at it long enough a creepy image is going to pop out of nowhere. Like that old image that used to float all over the internet, it looked like a messy room and then all of a sudden this horror movie looking dead girl with pop up for a second real quick.

Only crit I have has been mentioned, about the lights looking like they might be hanging down a little too low