Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-02-2011 , 01:26 PM

Maya not keyframing properly!

So I'm working on a Maya animation project at school, and Maya has been working fine- until now. It doesn't keyframe properly. I'll set something like rotate, scale, move, etc and set a keyframe, then go ahead to another frame and set another keyframe, but Maya is not making an even gap between the two keyframes.

IE, I'll set Rotate Z to 5 for Frame 1, then Rotate Z to -5 for Frame 16, but when looking at it, Rotate Z will go back to 0 at frame 4, then jump up to -5 at frame 16, then go back to 0 again by frame 19 or so.

Anyone know what's going on? It's kinda stopping me from progressing any further user added image

# 2 01-02-2011 , 05:41 PM
EduSciVis-er
Check the graph editor. That's where you'll be able to see the interpolation between the two keys, whether its linear, smoothed, or something weird like you're describing here. You'll also be able to adjust the tangents to correct the intermediate values. Hope that helps.

# 3 01-02-2011 , 08:15 PM

Check the graph editor. That's where you'll be able to see the interpolation between the two keys, whether its linear, smoothed, or something weird like you're describing here. You'll also be able to adjust the tangents to correct the intermediate values. Hope that helps.

D'oh, why didn't I think of that? I'll try that when I get back to school either tomorrow or Thursday (Dunno if school is going to be out tomorrow due to snow)