Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-03-2011 , 10:24 PM

Quick ZBrush Photoshop job

Today some mate of mine asked me to design something like a cover for a PC game he's working on. I made a quick sculpt in ZBrush and finished the rest in Photoshop. Whole thing was done in like 2-3 hours.

Feel free to give critics!!!

TDWuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by TDW; 03-03-2011 at 01:35 AM.
# 2 06-03-2011 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
awesome job for 2-3 hours. love them baby blue eyes user added image the text should probably be sharper. it looks nice as a picture, but i don't see why it needs to be blurry especially on a cover

# 3 10-03-2011 , 05:56 PM
Thx, I see what you mean. The text was actually a placeholder, til I find a suitable font. I do those quick works mostly deep at night, after I couldn't get anything really good done during the daytime. user added image

Here's another quicky. Base mesh made in ZBrush, rest edited in Photoshop.

TDW user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 10-03-2011 , 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
The second one looks much better, more definition and a wider range of textures. Though the eyeballs could use a more organic feel to mach the rest of the entity, some translucency and less reflectivity perhaps. I would actually love to the see the first concept with a similar level of detail.

- Genny
# 5 10-03-2011 , 11:42 PM
# 6 11-03-2011 , 12:46 AM
EduSciVis-er
Yeah, that looks really nice. It looks gastropodiacal!