Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 26-04-2003 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber
Well, i tried to model my design and its a bit sketchy... i think im going to go for a set of costumes user added image. I will have ninja dino,thug dino, and gladiator dino user added image... i hope user added image. Also im planning on unwrappin the uv's on this guy if i get the time.. and then i will make some kewl textures (hopefully). Cya around

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 17 26-04-2003 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber
Well, i made a stone version of my dino user added image.. now i put it into a composition user added image.. tell me what you think user added image. I need to model something more realistic to do that with though user added image. And the eye could of been the same color as the skin to make it look more like a statue or something. Ok, i will be starting on accessories today user added image.. i have actually been trying for a few hours in the past 2 days.. just i cannot make anything that "fits".. i will come through though user added image.

# 18 26-04-2003 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber
Just having fun, modelled some crazy stupid weapon for him with cheezy golden textures. Anyways, thats definately not suiting him! Time to take that away, bring back the other look and go for something else.

# 19 27-04-2003 , 12:09 AM
Lol M Looks cool!
I´d say you have a rather cool digimon.

# 20 27-04-2003 , 12:13 AM
M:
I like this!! I think that the weapon does suit him! Just right to hack pony's cenataur off at the knees! lol sorry pony!!

what about some armour? maybe roman style quite chunky, lots of rivets and stuff?

Yellow shader definatley needs work but i think that yellow does work as a colour for him, what about looking at kurts model to get inspiration for the texture?

He kinda looks like the guy from tekken 3, Gon I think it was

Great stuff though

Pony:

Looking great man! I'm really looking forwards to seeing this character with the arrows and bow! I think you could get some really nice shots with arrows flying towards the camera's etc.

Great stuff guys

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 21 27-04-2003 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber
Thanks alan user added image. I also agree that the yellow texture needs more of a nice look to it. To acheive this i will have to unwrap the uv's.. which is my next step. I was talking to pony on icq and then this came up, i just had to do it user added image. About your chunky armor style idea?? I LOVE IT.. i will give him a full plate user added image. That was one of my original things i thought of before i even started the model, yet it totally left my mind by the time i started modelling... thanks!

BTW, its hard to make him look stressed user added image. i need to re rig him probably and add some more bones at the eyebrows.

Hehe, asta la vista centuar

# 22 27-04-2003 , 12:22 AM
Subscriber
Oh yeah !! looks great..

# 23 27-04-2003 , 12:25 AM
actually it looks cool with the gun aswell... but to me the medieval / roman look sounds better.

You could procedurally texture the guy? then you wouldnt have to unwrap him... mite save some time

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 24 27-04-2003 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber
It was a inside joke pure, with me and pony... i also prefrer medeival! But, just so you all know, i DID NOT in any way intend to incorperate this gun with the dino.. as i realise that the gun was not modelled during this challenge. Just making sure none of you mix that up.

# 25 27-04-2003 , 06:37 AM
{QUOTE}Hehe, asta la vista centuar{/QUOTE}

Uh Hummmmmmm........ Excuse me?????

Not Bloody Likely..... LMAO

# 26 27-04-2003 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
The centaur gets a shot off first with her bow.. the arrow hits the little red button !!! BOOM gose the digi !!

# 27 27-04-2003 , 05:03 PM
Subscriber
Hahhaa. WE can do the original plan..... Dino goes crazy with the gun and shoots at the centuar but misses every shot.. then the centuar nails the dino in the ass with a arrow and the dino goes hoppin off. Haha

# 28 27-04-2003 , 05:12 PM
Subscriber
This is a bad image guys, seeing theres not many good hardcore fullplate armors pictures out there (or what i know of and suits my taste). I was lookin for something that looked bulk and strong... i found this. Its not really good, just you get the general idea user added image.

user added image

# 29 27-04-2003 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
ROFL!!! I'd PAY to see that animation!! HahaHahahAHA. The ZF1 looks mighty deadly in his hands, but its funny cause his expression is like happy! Yah i'll have to find a face rigging tut somewhere.

Hey m, i was reading pony's Round1 thread and he mentioned something about putting the two models together for a render. Maybe i could send you the critter (he has a basic skeleton) and you could do his face so you could make him look all scared with a ZF1 in his face. Or maybe the dino is just standing on him with one foot or something. Either way it would be amusing. You want the .MB?

Also M is there a reason why there is no contrast on the the pic in the Tourny Image? It looks like crap. Not that it matters, just wondering if you were trying to SABOTAGE ME!?!?! jk lol

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 27-04-2003 at 05:21 PM.
# 30 27-04-2003 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber
Haha, thanks vector.. but the mb is not needed atm. What i was thinking instead is that we figure out what poses we want on a storyboard.. and then we all do each seperate pose and render it out and save as a targa (no background). Then you can send the images to me and i can compose the scenes in photoshop. Thanks anyways user added image. Just letting you know though, once you make a basic skeleton, you have the start of him made.... then you have to do the rest, which includes paint weights and blinn shapes. If you ever subscribe vectorman, i highly suggest the character rigging set user added image. Ok, im going to start workin on my actual characters accessoriesm, and until im out of this tournament, im not going to spend my time making funny images anymore :p. Cya later.