Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-06-2017 , 06:13 AM

Realistic Skin Detail

Hi Guys,

Working on finishing a game character to drop in UE4 and have just finished the high res head.

Thought I would share the results. I didn't bother with the micro detail pass on the skin as Zbrush has to be around 50+mil polygons for it to actually be worth it and my computer crashes at 17mil.

Also, included some of the clothing low res game mesh render... result is quite what I wanted the clothing wrinkles are washed out once rendered and in the real time lighting. (i learn't a lot though!)

Andy

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-06-2017 , 12:06 AM
Animation Question

Hi guys, I rigged a version of my character dropped him into Ue4 and re targeted a list of animations to the skeletal mesh.

The problem I have is certain animations are really bad and I am trying to identify the cause (This is the first character I have skinned that isn't really low poly so highly likely I am doing something wrong) The problem is that when the character runs, walks or plays through the death animation his will chest concave. Like there is no mass there to support. I have tried re weighting the chest and tweaking bone placement with no luck... any ideas????? I have been stumped for days.

Andy