Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-06-2011 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber

Unable to deselect vertice/edge bug

Quick question about something that bugs me every now and then, usually just live with it, but now I'm gonna ask....

Every now and then I'll get a vertice or an edge that will remain 'selected' even when I click off of it. If I select any of the translate/rotate tools etc, they wont effect it, but it stays 'selected' in the heads up display count, so....say I have a vertice that I cant deselect, and then I select two others, the heads up display will tell me that I have three vertices selected, but i will only be able to move the two that I purposely selected. So it's not really an issue....I just wondered if anyone else gets this, and if there's a way of sorting it out. I end up more and more just saving...shutting down...and restarting Maya to get rid of it.

Is it just a glitch? or is Maya trying to tell me something, a topology issue or something? I had 3 edges I couldnt deselect yesterday, and now it's happened again, with this vertice in the picture attached. It just annoys me when it happens, wondered if it was an anomoly or if it happened for a reason...?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-06-2011 , 05:22 PM
EduSciVis-er
I get that frequently too. The way I "fix" it is to go back into component mode, select everything, delesect everything, and it usually gets deselected the second time around. Definitely annoying though.

# 3 09-06-2011 , 05:38 PM
Subscriber
ha. That worked!

# 4 09-06-2011 , 07:05 PM
The thin red line
I had that the other day thanks for the fix.........dave

# 5 10-06-2011 , 05:24 AM
yeah that bug has been around for the last couple revs and selecting and deselecting all the offending components seems to be the best solution.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675