Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 27-10-2015 , 05:24 AM

Problems with paint skin weights tool

hello, so I'm having trouble seeing the color influences from the paint skin weights tool and so far, i have not seen any help anywhere on the net and i have run into the problem before in my 2 years of messing with maya.

I've deleted history before binding, made sure use default material is off in the shading menu, and I am rendering in default quality rendering. it was working just a second ago and then I detached the bind to make adjustments to the joints and delete history and reattached and it's not working. i've tried exporting the model and importing it back in, but one thing I noticed is that the joints that I had originally bound them with are still remembered in the paint skin weights tool influences window even when there is nothing bound to the geometry of the object.

user added image

how do i get the object to forget the influences of the previous bind?

# 2 27-10-2015 , 01:59 PM
The thin red line
Not sure why you are using bones for this type of animation, have you looked into "set driven keys"..............dave

# 3 02-11-2015 , 05:38 PM
I don't do animation often, this is the only rigging I taught myself how to do. I'll look into it