Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-04-2010 , 10:02 AM
Lifetime Member

pickled octopus

Home made pickled octopus, great for when the boys (and girls) are around having an ale watching the footy (Aussie rules of course). Or whilst having a ham-in doing modelling or designing the next space craft!!!

You need this,

1kg of octopus (preferably 1 big one) avoid the baby occies if possible.

3 or 4 jars (about 550g/0.5 litre).

Base pickle sauce: (you can add whatever you want to the base).

35% Olive oil
35% vinegar
chopped herbs of your choice
fresh or minced garlic.

Take said occy, boil lots of water, place occy in and boil briefly. Then turn down and simmer (slight rolling simmer) for NO LESS than 60 mins and NO MORE than 70 mins. The occy will be so tender you will cry!!!

Remove the skin by brushing with your hand when cool. Chop up and add to your pickle base, whack on the lid, put in fridge for 7 days and presto, you demon of the home made man food you!!!!

The best I have made is the above with this to the base:

2 tablespoons of tomato paste (concentrate).

1 Small chilli sliced and diced

2 Large tablespoons of Sweet Thai Chilli sauce.

Cheers bullet

resistance is futile!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 25-04-2010 , 10:23 AM
The Nurb Herd
Sounds nice, I used to like having taco wasa (raw octopus in wasabi sauce.) with some beer. I think it might be expensive and difficult for us in England to get a whole octopus tho.
I'm a big fan of octopus alive and dead. We are doing one for a job at work, I'm not working on it tho user added image

# 3 25-04-2010 , 10:49 AM
Lifetime Member
Serious!!!! what modelling!! or dissecting one ?? either way it would be enjoyable. Learning is fun.

Never tried that one mate!!! hhmmmmm......... need more beer, Mungo think wasabi 'bloody hot'!

I figured the boards are always full of the trechno stuff (Im a dumbie). So a good distraction, food........yes all you extra terrestrials out there, we need to eat. bahahahah

Thought it would be a fun exercise and see who gets in on it?? Nothing like a good recipe to drink a beer, think about the model/wires/etc and realx. Let the brain breathe, have a feed and hook back into it like a demon!!!

cheers bullet.

What about mussels? hammer?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 25-04-2010 , 11:08 AM
Sounds good,

Whats the rest of the base?

35% Oil, 35% vinegar, leaves 30%

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 25-04-2010 , 11:10 AM
Lifetime Member
gster123,

the occy my friend.

And a small percent for said herbs etc.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 6 25-04-2010 , 11:18 AM
Lifetime Member
BTW I am currently modelling my lego police man for said young fella. (Thanks bigtommyb !!!!!). Great project BTW mate!! Love it, takes ones mind back to the simpler tings in life. GREEN LANTERN!!!!!!

AND doing spuds in their jackets (with garlic sauce), pork spare ribs with honey and honey garlic. Italian herbs on that with corn on the cob. mmmmmmmmmm

Love the missus eh? bahahaha

bullet1968

# 7 02-05-2010 , 02:38 AM
Lifetime Member
Try this heart winner

WARM CHICKEN SALAD

Ingredients:

salad of your choice, usually lettuce, cucumber, pitted green olives, bacon, cherry tomato's, Italian dressing.

500g chicken diced or sliced

GOOD handful of grated (shredded) cheddar cheese.

Sweet Thai chilli sauce.

Arrange salad in bowl (with dressing), toss, place cheddar on top, DO NOT TOSS. (you will see why).

Cook chicken on high heat until golden brown. JUST before its done add 2-4 dessert spoons of Thai chilli sauce and stir to coat chicken, dont burn it, turn the hotplate off if you like.

Straight away put the HOT chicken onto the chees, let it sit for a minute to start the melting process, when raedy quickly toss the whole lot in the bowl, mix thoroughlt, eat warm.........yyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm

Serve small portions with crusty bread drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with herbs.

bullet1968

# 8 03-05-2010 , 09:48 AM
Lifetime Member

Chicken carbonara

A real easy one for those who have tight budgets!!! especially students who want to impress the man or woman in your life.

Ingredients:

500g skinless chicken

small onion or shallots

few rashers of bacon (or diced bacon cheaper)

some mushrooms

600ml thick cream

garlic (home brand crushed)

Italian herbs

Fettucine (or any pasta, homebrand, cheaper).

Cooking:

fry oinion, garlic and bacon for 2 minutes. Add mushroom and Italian herbs, fry 2 more minutes (butter can be added for richness).

Add chicken stir fry until chicken is just browning, add the cream and bring to boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid has thickened slightly.

Whilst simmering main dish boil some water, add pasta and cook to directions on the pack. OR put pasta in boiling water, rolling boil for 12 mins.

Drain pasta, place in bowl, add carbonara and toss, voila.

Yummy and cheap, leftovers are great for lunches.

Serve with crusty bread, if you dont have any grab some stale bread rolls from the local. Cut em in half, spread butter or marg, dab crushed garlic and Italian herbs. Whack in alfoil and cook for 20 mins in 180c oven. (do this whilst simmering!).

Anything else can be added, this is a basic base recipe. I like to add grated cheddar just before serving and also chilli powder when doing the initial fry.

Enjoy

cheers bullet

bullet1968