Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 61 05-11-2006 , 03:35 PM

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 62 05-11-2006 , 04:18 PM
i know its notfinal but the eyes look too human.

# 63 05-11-2006 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
Yeah making the eyes look right is hard. I'll keep playing with it. That link on edge loops looked good. when I talk about edge loops the important thing to me is that all the polygons are four-sided. That way the topology is basically a grid. Then if you select and edge you and select the whole edge loop which is like a isoparm on a nurbs surface. I think you need all four-sided polys for this to work right.

Well I'm going back to the zoo today to look at the lions and tigers get fed. Should be fun.

Last edited by Wishbonekenobi; 05-11-2006 at 05:32 PM.
# 64 06-11-2006 , 02:29 AM
Subscriber
UPDATE

Attached Thumbnails
# 65 06-11-2006 , 08:33 AM
Subscriber
thanks gster, that link looked realy good. I've been using this technique a lot justc not knowing what ot is called.

Wishbonekenobi do you think you can post a side view?

# 66 06-11-2006 , 12:17 PM
Nice work Wishbonekenobi - this is coming along great. The main thing that stands out for me are his toes, which just seem a little too pronounced at the moment. Also, as t1ck mentioned earlier, I think the ribcage could do with just a touch more volume.

This is going to look cool. Something for your dinosaur to eat perhaps? user added image

Last edited by arran; 06-11-2006 at 12:23 PM.
# 67 06-11-2006 , 06:14 PM
the back legs look great from this angle - spot on to me user added image the front legs are looking good but could do with a little more definition and it might be the angle but they look a little close together.

the head needs some more defined shaping from the inner eye point down to the back of the mouth. At the minute its looking too solid a mass and needs a more defined transition from the snout to the cheek area. I know its hard because there is a fair bit of fur in reference pics but a bit of exaggeration here might help. I'd also pull the back outer edge of the mouth far more towards the centre as a lot of that area would only be overlapped skin folds. If you can find an overhead shot of the jaw bones and overlay it on the head then it might help with the mouth edge location better.

Slightly more indention around the back of the eye (and around it) area might also make the eyes more of a feature and not look so close to the skin, you'd probably be better removing the eye texture till the modelling is finished to see it develop better.

Keep it up, this is starting to take shape well user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 68 06-11-2006 , 06:16 PM