Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-05-2004 , 06:54 AM

Additive animation

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me if additive animation is possible within Maya. What I mean is, if you take a walk cycle and repeat it over say 500 frames, the charactor will walk on the spot for that length of that time. But is it possible so that he will walk for the distance of 500 frames in an additive way with just the one walk cycle?

Just like you can in Motion Builder.
Many thanks

Last edited by stephen.h1; 14-05-2004 at 06:56 AM.
# 2 14-05-2004 , 11:05 AM
That is possible with the Trax editor. Basically you make a walk cycle clip and place the clip in trax where you need it. You can then adjust the speed and repetitions of the clip and add other clips on top of it (like waving hand and so on). I hear that trax has gone through some major improvements in Maya 6.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 14-05-2004 , 06:59 PM
You may wanna spend some time altering the clips so they show progression and are not just repetitive.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....