Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-03-2007 , 07:28 PM

linking textures to UVs

I've UV mapped the face of my character, assigned the map to UV set facial , assigned misss to the polys and then tried to add the file I want to use for colour, the one from my UV snapshot. The colours are not lining up with the UV map. I need to assign the UV map to the texture so the textures colour will work right? How? This is really costing me time and my portfolio is going to be due soon, I'll really appreciate any help. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-03-2007 , 08:02 PM
Lifetime Member
I think if you right click on the object you have an option foe UVsets and you can click on UV linking and the connection editor will allow you to link to the UV you need.

# 3 03-03-2007 , 08:19 PM
Thank you. To do it use the Uv link then link the file directly to the uv set...also this must be done after the file is applied to the material.