Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-07-2008 , 04:50 AM

Spring Compression Animation ...

What is the correct procedure for animating a spring compressing. I've tried the squash deformer but my geometry doesn't want to cooperate. The surfaces are separating, in spite of being grouped.

# 2 29-07-2008 , 02:30 AM
Subscriber
I don't think this is your direct problem but it may help, you could have a couple of different sized springs and use blendshapes to go between the stretched out one and the compressed one.

Chris

# 3 04-08-2008 , 02:36 PM
use a lattice deformer on the curve you're creating your spring with, (i'm assuming you extruded a circle along a CV or EP curve)not on the finished spring itself. that way the roundness of the spring won't also deform.

Accept no substitutions.