Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-10-2003 , 02:12 AM

Zelda Movie

Hey everyone I am an aspiring film maker and have recently undertaken the task of created a CG Zelda movie! However, my small production group, although skilled in the art of film making lacks skill in the art realm. We are looking for help in creating some of the characters for the movie. Anyone with some skill in art, and love of the zelda games would be greatly appriciated. We are going for a realistic look and not cartooned. Any and all imput is welcome; seeing as it is in preproduction (id est we come to ask if anyone thinks its a good idea, and are welcome to help make it a good idea). If you want to comment or advise a particular route to go in the storyline you are welcome to. The film will not be sold for profit, but will be aired at numerous film festivals. Credits will be given to any who help in the making of the film...if you are interested, contact me at godfathertgb@brushfireproductions.com

Thanks

# 2 01-10-2003 , 02:50 AM
Cool.. As far as story I would like to see the oringinal story from the old NES days...

Wish i had some free time.

Just out of curiousity, do you have permission form Nintendo to use there characters?

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 01-10-2003 , 03:09 AM
film festival would be local, nothing big as far as i know of. most fanfilms don't have any licensing or permission, do they? i wouldn't know... I haven't looked into it at all. if you know anything that would help us avoid a lawsuit... ...let me know.

let's call it... fan art. that shouldn't be illegal.

# 4 01-10-2003 , 03:31 AM
Just look into it a bit more before you go full in to production.... As long as you are not selling it or passing the story and characters off as your own and it being a truly fan based project you should be ok as far as not getting sued.... It's the showing at film festivals that I dont know too much about.

I would try and call a rep at Nintendo or the legal license holder of Zelda and just ask them there opion about showing the film when completed at festivals.

Just cover all your bases...

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 02-10-2003 , 10:31 PM
Just a though. I always though that if there were to ever be a live action Zelda film (and god hope there never is) Orlando Bloom aka Legolas would be best. So if your looking for realism, base it on him.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

Last edited by doodle; 02-10-2003 at 10:55 PM.
# 6 03-10-2003 , 10:41 AM
I heared they /are/ making a live action zelda film user added image

by the way Godfather, you looking for voice actors? i have extensive training in voice acting, and i suck at modelling user added image

# 7 15-10-2003 , 12:33 AM

ya

Well for anyone more interested this topic has been dragged out further in ocremix's forum: here
Theres some screenshots there so check it out maybe some can be posted here as well as development continues we might need some tips. user added image

# 8 15-10-2003 , 04:18 AM
Subscriber
You shouldn't be sued if you don't misrepresent the characters, don't pass them off as your own, and don't use the movie for profit. Those are the main rules.

# 9 15-10-2003 , 12:25 PM
And you should include a Copyright notice of Nintendo in the start of the film.

Tell the audience who is the owner of the characters etc...

# 10 15-10-2003 , 02:07 PM
The sword is a bit... naff... isn't it. :/

# 11 15-10-2003 , 02:37 PM
naff?

# 12 15-10-2003 , 07:11 PM
shite, crap, bollocks, rubbish, trash... you know.. Naff.

# 13 15-10-2003 , 07:33 PM

Hey

Wow there’s some posts now but how bout some that help us eh? Hehe. Well yes of course Nintendo® will receive all the credit they deserve for coming up with the Zelda universe. It can merely be considered a demo reel for ourselves and yes if it gets real big we'll run it by Nintendo® or we might just do it as soon as we start really going (I understand what you are saying and wouldn't want to be sued or take any credit we dont deserve from the Great Nintendo® dont worry). But ya thanks for the comments on what you saw on OCremix forums real nice. I’m wondering though which you were referring to? Since there are two revisions there and I want to fill you in saying it’s not final at all and those were the initial concepts. They will be sure to become Muy Pimp as time goes on since the main task now is putting the finishing touches on the script. If anyone is interested in helping such as modeling, texturing, concept sketching, ideas, or if you have questions feel free to email myself or Godfathertgb. We would appreciate it and will post our progress here if it’s requested as well as any questions we might have since this project calls for a lot of 3d work. But I would just like to thank you for your time looking at this post and hopefully my friend and I can have more good news from this mighty project we are taking on as time goes on. user added image

Last edited by RenardMF; 15-10-2003 at 07:36 PM.
# 14 15-10-2003 , 10:02 PM
I wanna help user added image

i am good at static meshes user added image yay me!

# 15 15-10-2003 , 10:27 PM
Yeah I might be able to help some to... maybe not though. But maybe user added image