Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-11-2003 , 09:58 PM

quick command line question

Using the command line, or i guess i can even make a script?

how can i tell it to 'step forward one frame' (like the button...) (which actually is 10 frames because that is what my playback rate is at) and then tell it to render, and keep doing that, until frame 430?

I can't seem to find the command that controls that step forward one frame button...
hm

(and no, batch rendering it every 10 frames doesnt work for what I need it to do)

# 2 27-11-2003 , 10:13 PM
"currentTime" command is used to set and query the current animation time. "render" is used to render in to the render view. So basically you need to do a "for" loop from your start frame to your end frame with step size of 10 frames and set the time and issue rendering commands on every cycle...

Rendering in to the render view doesn't save the image though. So you need to include a save command in the loop too. Basically you need to form an image file name and know the name of the render view window and then use the renderWindowSaveImageCallback command to save out the image. The problem is that the render view window's name can change... the command works something like this:

renderWindowSaveImageCallback "renderView" $sFileName "image";

... where $sFileName is a string containing the name of the image file for that frame (you need to form the file name in the loop too)...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!

Last edited by kbrown; 27-11-2003 at 10:22 PM.
# 3 27-11-2003 , 10:26 PM
hmm okay
so since this is the newbie forum , hehe
how would i do that?
to me it seems like i would just run something like:

for ($f = 1; $f >= 430; $f = $f+10) {
currentTime $f;
render;
};

since 'render;' is all i need based on my render global settings...
but when i put all that in the script editor it doesnt work..i guess because i'm a newb? anyway
so where does it go, anyone?
hmm

- lesia

# 4 27-11-2003 , 10:28 PM
well when i just use 'render;' it saves the image as a jpg with a different frame number each time so that works okay...

# 5 27-11-2003 , 11:59 PM
anyway i figured it out

# 6 28-11-2003 , 02:24 PM
Sorry... was (and still am) too busy to answer right away... I'll post one possible idea tomorrow or so...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!